Policy and Research Internship (Columbus, OH)
The Thomas B. Fordham Institute, with offices in Dayton and Columbus, OH, as well as Washington, D.C., provides college internships throughout the year. We are currently accepting applications for spring 2014 interns to work from the downtown Columbus office. Please browse our website (http://www.edexcellence.net) for more information about our organization—click on “Ohio Policy” and "Ohio Charters" for specific information about our Ohio efforts.
The internship includes diverse and meaningful responsibilities, including:
1) Assisting with the Institute's numerous education-related programs in Ohio. Research and writing. Our regular work includes:
- Bi-weekly publication of the e-bulletin, The Ohio Education Gadfly, with an influential Ohio and national readership;
- Conducting research and informing policy makers about promising solutions to the state’s pressing education problems;
- Supporting thoughtful and research-based education reform projects throughout the Buckeye State.
2) Researching and analyzing current education policy issues impacting Ohio and the US. Primary areas of research include:
- Education standards and curriculum
- Accountability systems and assessments for teachers and students
- Charter schools and school choice
- Teacher quality and performance
- School funding at the state and national level
- Role of technology in education
- Federal role in education
3) Clerical duties. The Fordham office is a busy one, and, in addition to substantive responsibilities, an intern will be expected to help out by making copies, faxing documents, answering e-mail queries, helping with the web site, planning for events/meetings, and other office duties.
We seek resourceful, intelligent, hard-working individuals who are capable of excelling in an intellectually stimulating, and often intense, work environment. Qualified candidates will be Internet-savvy and proficient in Microsoft Office applications. Prior internship or research experience is a plus.
The deadline for internships is rolling and positions are filled as the right candidates are found. Interns must be able to work at least 15 hours per week when school is in session, and full-time opportunities are also available. A modest stipend will be available.
To apply, please sumbit a cover letter and resume to Jeff Murray at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Call 614-223-1580 with any questions.
The Thomas B. Fordham Institute is an equal opportunity employer.