EVENT: Embracing the Common Core: Helping Students Thrive (February 15)
On February 15, the Thomas B. Fordham Institute, Ohio Grantmakers Forum, and Achieve are hosting “Embracing the Common Core: Helping Students Thrive,” an important conversation about Ohio’s adoption and implementation of the Common Core Academic Standards.
- Melissa Cardena, director of academic quality and assurances for the Ohio Board of Regents;
- Mike Cohen, president of Achieve;
- Steve Dackin, superintendent of Reynoldsburg City Schools;
- Chester E. Finn, Jr., president of the Thomas B. Fordham Institute;
- Eric Gordon, CEO of Cleveland Metropolitan Schools;
- Stan Heffner, state superintendent of public instruction;
- Debe Terhar, president of the State Board of Education; and
- Deb Tully, director of professionals issues for the Ohio Federation of Teachers.
The event will be held Wednesday, February 15, from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm at the Hyatt Regency, Delaware Ball Room, 350 N. High Street, Columbus. (Note, this is a different location than previously announced; however, the Hyatt Regency is connected to the Greater Columbus Convention Center and should be convenient to anyone who has already made hotel or other travel accommodations.) Register online today!
blog comments powered by Disqus